High Speed 2 HS2 - Head of Community Engagement - Public Response
As Head of Community Engagement, Public Response at HS2, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of HS2 enquiry and public response strategy. This key role will provide the leadership and subject matter expertise to lead on strategy development and implementation of a first-class enquiry and response team, which will ensure those communities and stakeholders impacted by the project have clear and open channels of communication
About the role:
- To lead the development of the strategy for the design and implementation of the HS2 customer service team.
- To design and deliver a 24 hour, 365 days per year, first class public response.
- To lead the development of a robust process of logging, responding and reporting public enquiries.
- To lead a team, setting objectives and reviewing performance.
- To identify and develop measure and metrics both qualitative and quantitative by which both the helpdesk and public response team will be measured.
- To participate in the overall development of HS2’s Community Engagement Strategy.
- To promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all work, and ensure community engagement information is communicated in plain English and meets accessibility requirements.
- Knowledge of best practice approaches to customer service and public response.
- Knowledge of issues affecting communities arising from large infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of local and central government policy priorities concerning public projects, regeneration and community impacts
- Experience of managing a public response/customer service team in the public and private sectors, on projects of comparable scale, scope and complexity.
- Experience of managing service suppliers to agreed KPIs and budget.
- Experience of delivering crisis management and/or major incident communications.
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed equality, diversity and inclusion in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.